With the current limitations on guest counts for weddings in NJ, couples getting married in 2021 are wondering if they should reschedule their wedding. A lot of my couples have been reaching out to find out what most couples are doing at this time and if I think they should reschedule their wedding.
There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration if you are considering rescheduling your wedding. Here are a few:
- Do you have a lot of out-of-town guests that would need to travel to attend your wedding? If so, do they feel safe traveling at this time? If not, and many of your loved ones would not attend your wedding, are you ok with getting married without having them present?
- If you plan to get married at a church, are you ok with their current rules and regulations regarding face coverings and limitations on number of guests? One of my 2020 brides was required to wear a face covering when walking down the aisle. Not every bride would be willing to do that, but for her, it was more important to get married.
- If the current restrictions are in place when your wedding takes place, are you ok with a smaller guest list?
- Similarly, if the current restrictions are in place, are you ok with not having a dance floor at your reception?
- Are you able to switch your wedding to be an outdoor affair?
These are just a few of the questions that I think are important to answer if you are currently thinking of rescheduling your wedding. Of course, every situation is different, and couples may choose to reschedule (or not reschedule) based on a variety of factors.
I hope this bit of insight helps you decide which factors are important to consider. Please feel free to email me if you’d like to chat about your specific situation.
If you’re thinking of moving forward with your wedding with a smaller guest list, click here to learn about intimate weddings.