There is nothing I love more about engagement sessions than getting to know our couples and finding out how they picked the location for their shoot. Kate and John met through mutual friends while they were in college at Villanova University and now live in Philadelphia. They live within walking distance of the art museum and love calling Philly home, so it was only fitting that they have engagement photos taken there. It’s always such a treat when I get to shoot at iconic locations like the art museum and its surrounding areas, but especially when it’s a beautiful day like it was on the day of Kate and John’s engagement session. Their original engagement session date was rescheduled due to rain so I was excited that they ended up having a lovely fall day for their shoot! During their session, I quickly discovered that John doesn’t have to do much to make Kate smile. She is just so happy when she’s around him! And with their wedding date less than a year away, I know there are plenty of happy moments in store for these two. Kate and John will be tying the knot at the Pleasantdale Chateau next October and we can’t wait for their fall wedding but for now, here are some highlights from their Philadelphia engagement photos!
How they met:
“We both went to Villanova University. We met our sophomore year and had a lot of mutual friends. We started hanging out a lot more senior year and eventually started dating.”
Their first date:
“John asked Kate to his Fraternity formal. Kate thought that he was asking her just as friends but John definitely thought differently.”
When they knew they had found the one:
- Kate knew John was the one when he flew down to North Carolina, when Kate was living there, just to get in the car and drive her all the way up to New Jersey for Christmas break.
- John knew Kate was the one when Kate was living in New York and he surprised her with tickets to a broadway show. It was a perfect night of dinner, drinks and a show.
John sneakily told Kate that he made dinner reservations at a restaurant near Villanova so he could get her back on campus. He pulled onto campus and they walked to a pretty spot where he got down on one knee. He had a photographer there to take pictures of the whole thing and both their families were waiting for them to celebrate.
One thing they love about each other:
- Kate loves how patient and caring John always is.
- John loves how thoughtful Kate is.
Besides getting married, the one thing they are looking forward to on their wedding day:
- Kate is so excited to have all her family and friends in one room at the same time.
- John is most excited about partying with our wedding party.
Loved this Philadelphia engagement session? Pin the graphic below or any image from the post!