I’ve been working on a styled shoot for the past few weeks and I picked up the dresses for the model yesterday. Eek!
If you’ve never done a styled shoot (or if you have, but you want the next one to be better) you’ll want to follow along on this project. I’m working with a killer vendor team that I’ll be revealing soon and I already know this shoot is going to exceed my expectations in every way.
I only do a couple of styled shoots every year, so when I do them, I have very specific goals to make sure I am identifying and maximizing the benefits to the fullest. This shoot is actually part of a special event I have planned for my associate photographers. It includes a photography and business workshop in the morning and early afternoon followed by a styled shoot in the late afternoon into the evening.
The goals of this styled shoot are:
- to expand our portfolio to be more diverse and inclusive
- to collaborate and network with other vendors
- to provide a learning and team-building experience for my team
- to create behind-the-scenes content for vendor websites and social media
- to get our work featured in an online publication for a quality backlink and improved SEO for the entire vendor team
- to do something FUN! I think we all need some fun right now!
I’m going to be sharing lots of behind-the scenes with you over @its.alex.peterson so follow me there for lots of inspiration and insight into what it takes to plan and execute a styled shoot.